This page features links to various school/education-themed websites.
Disclaimer: While these links are presented in good faith, St. John cannot be responsible for external content.
To notify us of a broken link, suggest links, or for any other comments, please write to our school principal, Mr. Boone.
This page is frequently updated. Please check back for more links in the future.
Categories (Click to visit):
Technology – includes drawing, surfing, searching, web design, and more!
- allmath.com – Features flash cards, metric converter, tables, more links!
- Cool Math – An amusement park of mathematics!
- Math Archives – A huge archive of math resources
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives
- That Quiz – Advanced math topics
- Fun 4 the Brain – Games on math and more!
- Counting Money – Straightforward practice
- AAA Math
- Cool Math 4 Kids
- Math Cats – math games and activities for the primary set. Cats are around to help out!
- Fuel The Brain – a collection of games and interactives to help students practice elementary math skills.
- Mathematics Assessment Project – provides teachers with rich tasks, lesson plans and additional resources connected to the Standards for Mathematical Practice.
- History Channel in the Classroom – Guides, videos, speeches, references, store, interactivity, games, and much more!
- Ben’s Guide to the Government – A site about the government guided by Ben Franklin
- HistoryNet – Another vast resource
- History Bee – The official resource for the History Bee
- Geography Bee – The official resource for the Geography Bee
- World Maps – a resource that is like an atlas; offering hundreds of maps of the world. Includes many other geography features.
- Renaissance site with art, history, innovations, timelines, lesson plans, and more!
- The Top 100 American speeches of the 20th century – A database offered as text, and audio when available.
- The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum – an excellent resource about the Shoah.
- Morphing Presidents – A seamless transition using the 43 presidents!
- Social Studies for Kids –
- Bill Nye – The Science Guy
- Kids’ Health – for Kids – and for Parents.
- World Time Viewer – Get the current time anywhere in the world.
- Our school’s current area weather – from The Weather Channel. They also have a website for kids, and resources for teachers.
- Envirofun – Activities and Lessons about the environment – from the EPA.
- Molecular Expressions – An amazing site that explores the world of optics and microscopy. Highlights include microscopes, calendars,and the legendary Powers of Ten.
- View animals at the Smithsonian Zoo through webcams! The base National Zoo site is also excellent.
- Animal Jam – A National Geographic for Kids game.
- TED – Technology, Entertain, Design. Provides award-winning, engaging lessons and content.
- Dictionary.com – wonderful tool for students
- Thesaurus.com – wonderful tool for students
- Spelling Bee – The official resource for the Spelling Bee
- Game Goo
- Storyline Online
- Children’s Literature on the Web – A huge resource featuring references, links, resources, groups, and much more!
- Stories for Kids who Love Reading – Full text of classic stories, authors, writing, more!
- Scholastic – A grand resource for reading – includes subpages for kids, teachers, families, and more!
- Word Central – From Merriam-Webster – features dictionaries, Words of the Day, special sections for kids, teachers, and more!
- Taste Kid – Explore Your Taste
- Spelling City
- Starfall – Excellent reading activities for K-1
- Word Central – Merriam-Webster’s Word Central
- What Should I Read Next?
- Shelfari – A global community of book lovers
- Books Should Be Free.com! – A collection of digital and audiobooks freely downloadable as .mp3s
- Dr. Seussville – Books, a virtual playground, and more! Also check out Seussville University, a land where Seuss’ characters discuss math, reading, science, reasoning, and more!
Search Engines for Kids
- Kid Rex – Powered by Google, this site looks like it has been drawn with crayons!
- KidsClick! – This site features search results chosen by librarians. Results are targeted to grades K-7.
- SearchEdu – Excellent for homework help, features sites with the .edu suffix, so most are affiliated with colleges.
- FactMonster – Facts galore, also handy for homework, features many results that include timelines and biographies.
- Pics 4 Learning – A safe image site with dozens of categories.
- Quinturakids – Features Topic Tag Clouds!
- Ask Jeeves for Kids – Kids can type in a question, and results will be returned with answers that are kid-friendly.
- Art Pad – A great painting site that records a picture while it’s created to create a time lapse effect.
- Slimber – An excellent site for drawing & painting with some beautiful examples.
- Bomomo – A fun site where users can create unique pictures with different templates (ie, Pixie).
- Doink – A great site combining Paint-like tools and creating animated art with a Web 2.0 flare (Apple devices only).
- Odosketch – A wonderful site for creating beautiful sketches with colored pencils.
- Sketchpad – Create excellent paintings and drawings with this cool site. Many styles, effects and gradients for users to choose.
- Sumo Paint – One of the most popular digital art creators on the web, very similar to Photoshop.
- Crayola Digi-Color A very user-friendly site for kids.
- Voice Draw – A unique site that lets users create art with their voice/sound.
Technology – General
- Keyboard shortcut list of special symbols/characters
- HTML list of codes for special characters
- A resource for learning HTML
- An HTML hexadecimal color code chart
- Be Funky – online photo effects, editing, tools, tips, tricks, and more!
- Smithsonian 3D – Explore artifacts from this legendary museum in 3D!
- Online Learning with MIT – Over 2000 audio and video courses offered from the pre-eminent technology college.
- Children’s Software Online has hundreds of software program titles for kids of all ages!
- The Vatican
- Catholic Online - Among the best Catholic resources on the web.
- New Advent - Catholic news, links, info, and more
- Catholic Saints - All Roman Catholic saints are included with lifetime dates, bios, and more!
- JewFaq - Judaism 101
- The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum - Among the best places for info on this event.
- Redeemer Radio - Welcome home to your family of faith
- Hail Mary Rosaries - A comprehensive rosary resource.
- Catholic Saints - Notes and info about "your extended family in heaven."
- Typing Rocket – Type correctly and make fireworks!
- Z-Type – Type correctly to keep words from falling to the bottom.
- Typing Web – Free online typing tutorials
- Typing Adventure – Type correctly to play this adventure game!
- Typingtest – This site offers classic and current works to practice typing.
- KeyHero – This site analyzes your WPM in cool graphs and stats.
- Labels for Education
- Holy Family
- St. Joseph High School
- The Fort Wayne-South Bend Diocese
- Search for or List of all schools in the FW/SB Diocese
- Indiana’s Department of Education
- Official ISTEP webpage
- Official NWEA webpage
- Internet Public Library – Contains thousands of searchable documents for info and research.
- EdHelper – Features guided assistance and activities for all ages.
- Info Please – Tons of facts, stats, timelines, HW info, and so much more!
- Smithsonian for Kids – A place for kids to explore, discover, and learn
- Bartleby – Famous publisher their quotes database, various encyclopedias, and an excellent literature reference.
- The Free Dictionary – Grand site includes usage examples, quizzes, games, and much more than definitions!
- Ask Rose – The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology offers a free Tutoring/HW Help service. Also by phone at 877-ASK-ROSE.
- Mindflash – Quiz and Testing Taking Strategies
- Thinkfinity – a free, comprehensive digital educational platform with thousands of lesson plans, activities, and other resources from the Verizon Foundation.
- WebQuest.org – All about webquests-this is the site that invented them!
- Rubistar – Excellent page for creating rubrics in almost all subjects
- Mimio – our interactive whiteboard – software, lessons, suggestions, tutorials, and more!
- Harcourt School Publishing – Search for lessons, there are thousands!
- School Express – Thousands of worksheets, games, links, and more resources!
- Sites for Teachers – Hundreds of links here!
- IN Dept. of Ed. Standards and Resources
- Sites for Teachers
- Teach-nology – Thousands of lessons plans, tips, resources, and more with a slant toward technology.
- Quiz Generators – An article that highlights several websites that generate quizzes, tests, etc., with different formats, immediate feedback, and more!
- Prevent Child Abuse Indiana
- Apples 4 The Teacher – Hundreds of lessons – focusing on holidays, themes, printables, and more!
- Free Math Test – This site contains hundreds of math tests and activities, both online and printable.
- 4 Teachers – works to help you integrate technology into your classroom by offering online tools and resources such as lessons, rubrics, calendars, and more.
- Easy CBM – Bringing over 30 years of Curriculum Based Measures into the classroom to help teachers assess.
- That Quiz – Tests and activities for students and teachers in all grade levels, especially math.
- Handwriting Templates – Several templates available for different grade levels, both printing and cursive are offered.
- Learning Essentials – A program designed by teachers for teachers, get help planning, creating, collaborating, and save time with over 100 templates and tutorials.
- NBC Learn K-12 – NBC Learn K-12 makes thousands of historic videos, current events, and original resources available to K-12 teachers and students, all aligned to state standards and mapped to curriculum.
- NBC Learn Resources – Free Resouces from NBC Learn K-12